Tuesday, August 16, 2005

brooklyn press


Today I was assisting a photographer who was shooting inside a newspaper printers warehouse. It was pretty amazing. I've never really seen a real printing press in action. The miles and miles of paper that they consume in one day is amazing! The roar of the presses in action, the smell of news print ink, and the tireless workers was indescribable. I want my own printing press right away! This photo shows one of the paper technictions inspecting a paper being printed. Apparently this warehouse prints all the ethnic papers of New York. All around were the signs of Jewish papers, Arabic ones right next to spanish ones, followed by Caribbean ones waiting for shipment. Really cool. Although one may not find this as cool as I. Seeing that, as I thought, going to the Natural History Museum for my birthday would be fun. Friends didn't think it was so fun, but I did get more enjoyment out of hearing them mock and wince at yet another "stuffed animal" or "taxidermy exhibit." I digress.

1 comment:

Scott said...

sounds cool! You should have picked up a newspaper about bicycling, oh wait, nevermind.....