Friday, August 26, 2005

blogging the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens


Yesterday I decided to head out and check out the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens. It's relatively close to my house and it only costs $5 to get in, I would highly recommend it! This was what I first saw when I entered, the Japanese Hill and Pond Garden. It was filled with really green water and lots of large koi. From here I walked all over the place and below are some of the highlights. One of the most interesting things about the BBG is how quiet it is inside. There are all kinds of trees that are really large. The great thing was that there was hardly anyone inside the gardens. Just me and the old ladies! Also, the food at the garden cafe was actually good and decently priced. Oh, don't forget to stop by the gift shop, lots of cool plants and fun things!

No comments: